Yesterday was just that, yesterday. It is gone, finito, kaput, never to come back. It is in the past and considered history. There’s nothing I can do about what happened yesterday. Yesterday was not one of my better days. For whatever reason I didn’t have energy, my mind was not as sharp as it usually is, and I couldn’t focus on things I wanted to accomplish. No matter what I tried, caffeine, energy foods, and supplements, I just felt like I wanted to go back to sleep and my brain was in a fog. As I crawled into bed at the end of the day, feeling like I had not made any progress towards my goals, I gave thanks. I was thankful that I was given that day, thankful that I got to spend time with my family, and thankful for everything I did have. There was nothing I could do about that day except give thanks for being given that day and for what I had in my life. When I woke up this morning, the first thing I did was give thanks for all the things I have, and all the things I will have in the future.
I do the same things every morning which begins my day in a grateful mood. I get out of bed when my eyes open, which is somewhere between 3 AM and 5 AM. Once I’m awake, I swing my legs out of bed, sit up, and give thanks for everything that I have. I navigate my way in the dark to the kitchen, giving thanks as I walk. I drink 24 ounces of water and sit down in front of a writing pad and a pen. I then write down 10 things I am grateful for. After that, I send out love from my heart to three people whom, for whatever reason, I don’t particularly get along with. I then say a prayer to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is a prayer of thankfulness for my past, present, and future. I then meditate and visualize my future. Afterward, I go for a walk enjoying the coolness of the air, the darkness, and the beautiful bright stars and planets in the sky. While I’m walking I’m thinking about positive ideas and how happy I am. I return home and begin my exercise regimen for the day. During my walk and workout, while I’m breathing heavy and feeling the sweat rolling down my face, I have thoughts and ideas that flood into my brain. These are the inspirations that I sit down and write about. I then pour myself a cup of coffee and begin my day.
The 10 things that I’m grateful for are whatever comes into my mind when I sit down in front of the pen and paper. I Am Thankful For:
- My relationship with God. My God provides me with everything from the past, present, and future.
- My country. The US gives me the freedom to accomplish anything I dream about.
- My relationship with my wife. She has provided happiness to our home for the last 28 years.
- My relationship with my son and daughters. They inspire me every day.
- My parents, brother, and sister. My parents, who are gone now, provided me with the solid foundation that I built my life on. My brother and sister show me the true meaning of family.
- My friends. All the people that have been placed in my life that I can count on for anything.
- My businesses. They challenge me every day and keep me learning.
- My unlimited income from multiple sources that arrives on a daily basis.
- My desire and ability to give. I have the desire to help as many people as I can financially, intellectually, and spiritually.
- My life and health. I am so thankful for everything that is happened in my life, both good and bad, and that I have overcome every obstacle with my health.
I have written in my blog titled, Draft Day, about the ability to be gracious and how important that is. I refer back to my blog titled, The Journey, where I wrote about how easy it is to become successful at anything. Success is different for every person, for some it’s wealth, for some it’s love, for others it’s happiness. It’s difficult to measure success. For me, the easiest way to measure success is in gratitude. Be thankful for what you do have. This is why I begin every day by listing the things that I’m grateful for. It begins my day in the right frame of mind to be successful and to face every challenge and obstacle that’s placed in front of me.
What is it that you are thankful for? I encourage everyone to sit down and list those things that you have in your life that make you feel grateful. If you have something in particular that you are thankful for and would like to share, please comment below. I would love to read them. Always remember that whatever happened yesterday you cannot change. Whether it was a good day, great day, bad day, or terrible day, it is gone, never to return. Today is a new day, be thankful for what you have.
Is Your Life Everything You Want It To Be? If not, change it in 3-steps with my free eBook. Only 2 Days Left!
If you like this post, please click the little star below. Feel free to share it if you like it can help someone. My success comes from helping others to be successful and happy.
I appreciate every like, follow, comment and share. Keep’em coming.