I have excellent conversations with several people who think as I do. We believe that your life is based on your thoughts. If you control your thoughts and think positively, you will lead a positive life. I began thinking about these people and realized something important. Most of them spend money to attend self-improvement seminars, workshops, and weekends. Many are not living the lives that they are seeking. I wondered why not. If you are one, maybe you do not believe in yourself.
Get A Printable and An Editable Planner For Free. The Planner Includes A Gratitude Pad And Journaling Pages. Also A 12 Month Fillable Calendar.
Believe In Yourself
Are people looking for an authoritative figure in their lives? If they spent money going to retreats to feel better, do they ever make permanent changes to their lives? Why not? Possibly, they see the speaker as a celebrity. They put them on a pedestal, and by doing that, they believe that that person is better than them. Therefore, they do not change because they do not believe they are good enough.
Belief is an essential part of changing. You must believe you can be the person you are trying to become. There are leaders, and there are followers. Leaders believe they can lead, and followers do not. Belief is difficult to come by and must be developed. You are battling everything that you have been told and thought in the past.
No one is better than you! Stop chasing the so-called gurus and realize they are no different from you. Every one of them was where you are before they believed they could change. Most of them genuinely want to help. They are not scam artists just looking for your money. It is the audience that never makes the change. They do not continue it long enough to develop belief.
My unsolicited advice is to find a mentor who teaches a process. Follow the process and commit to it for life. Do not be in a hurry. You have little control over the timing. Trust in the process
There is a difference between words and thoughts. We first begin journal statements, a gratitude pad, etc., we think about what we are writing. As time goes by, we know what we want to write and do not think about it as much. Our journal becomes words on paper, not thoughts. Take time to meditate and think about what you wrote.
Change begins in your mind. I am living my life today based on my thoughts in the past. Now that I understand this concept, I can determine my future by controlling my thoughts. It is the process I use to accomplish this:
- I make my pre-dominant thought that of which I want to become. I think about what my life will look like in the future.
- When I go to bed at night, the last thing I do before going to sleep is to think about my life in the future. I visualize in my mind what I will be doing, and how I will be living.
- I spend time in the morning meditating and visualizing my future life.
- When I visualize the life that I am living, it must feel natural and normal. I am not living someone’s life; I am living mine.
- Before visualizing, I elicit emotions. I think about the first time I saw my wife, and it brings up the emotion I had at the time. Adding emotion and feeling to your thoughts is the ingredient to turn them into reality.
Believe in yourself. If you don’t have belief, then begin developing it. Start speaking and thinking like the person you want to become. Do this every day, and you will develop belief. Continue to develop your belief until it turns into faith. Faith is an unstoppable force. You were born for greatness, believe it.